Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kay-suh-dill-uh.


Justin and I have gotten back into eating healthy over the last few months {funny how easy it is to get out of that habit!} and one of the things we've been doing is buying some frozen entrees. Say what you will, but those things are so convenient. Especially when you don't want to cook for one, are pressed for time, and on completely different schedules than your spouse. But it irks me every time I nuke one of those meals...because I know for a fraction of the price and little time in the kitchen, I can make something just as delicious. One of my fav frozen entrees were these yummy breakfast quesadillas. But I knew I could easily make my own, and have breakfast for a week- for the same price as two pre-made quesadillas. So I did!

And they were a success!!! So I thought I'd share my recipe...they're so good, easy to make, and pretty darn healthy to eat.

Cook 3 strips of bacon {I prefer turkey bacon!}, let cool. In the same pan {you know, because everyone loves that bacon flavor!}, make a large batch of eggs. I only like egg whites and ended up using about 5 for this recipe. In a bowl, mix cooked eggs, shredded bacon bits, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and some diced green and red pepper. Lay out tortilla {I used 5 for this recipe} and spoon mixture evenly into each. Cook each quesadilla, one at a time, in the same skillet. Let cool for 10 minutes and wrap individually in foil. Freeze for up to two weeks. 
To prepare, microwave individual quesadilla for 2 minutes, flipping every 30-45 seconds. 

Enjoy! :) 

2 comments:

Megan said...

YUMMY! Thanks for sharing! I need easy yummy things like this for when E gets here. I won't have time to spend forever in the kitchen!!

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Yummy in my tummy! Love freezer meals, thanks for sharing :)