Friday, February 15, 2013

Best of my days {5}

I have a whole lot that I'm thankful for today. Justin's in Fl for a few days visiting his parents, but he left me some sweet cards and a thoughtful gift while he's gone. And he gets home tomorrow night...so I'm thankful his trip has gone so quickly!

Today would have been our due date. I'm at a really good place with the whole miscarriage thing. I think its one of those things, though, that never really goes away. The ache dulls, but there's probably always going to be a little scar, you know? 
But today, I'm so thankful that our little one is in the arms of Jesus. So held and loved...and never knowing any pain.
I'm thankful for that.

And I'm thankful that today is equal parts bitter and sweet. Not only would it have been our due date-
it's also our engage-aversary
So while I do wish life would have turned out a bit differently and I was sharing a birth story instead of another 'thoughts on miscarriage' post-
I am so very thankful that I have the best reminder that I am not alone in any of this.




4 years ago today, Justin proposed. Gosh, that was a good day. 
I'm so thankful for him.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I wish I could give you a big fat HUG right now!! Happy engage-aversary, and I'm praying for you to have peace through this day. Hugs friend!!

Allie Brooks said...

You guys are precious! What a wonderful thought to know your little one is smiling down on you right now. Praying for strength for you two today.

Legally Lovely said...

I love your attitude. I'm sure that this day must be difficult, but I'm so glad you are able to find peace. Sending you plenty of prayers and thoughts today.