Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring cleaning.


 February ended up being one productive month around these parts. If nothing else, our office/craft room got cleaned!!!!!!! I realize I just used 7 exclamation points. I promise you, every single one is justified. This room was MESSY. So messy. Back in January, Christina wrote about her 'messy' office space and how embarassed she was to share pictures. I love you girl, but I kind of laughed when I read that post. Only because this is what I was dealing with...


Hi, my name is Katie and I'm a messy person. You probably knew this about me already. {this is where my past roommates and mom cringe} I'm really only slightly embarassed to share those pictures. Because really, are you going to defriend me just based on that fact? Ok, maybe. That room was terrible. But I own my messiness. I'm always working on it, but I own it. I wouldn't want you to think I'm perfect or that my house is perfect or that really I'm anything but a normal person. And in my defense, I keep my messes confined to my closet, a craft room, and sometimes our bathroom vanity. The rest of the house is usually really neat.
Also, while its no excuse, I have an excuse for why this room got so bad and why it still is more than lackluster. {I think that's the first time I've ever used the word lackluster}
So, last summer we got pregnant. And we've always thought this room would be our nursery. Then we weren't pregnant. And, you know, I was just over it. So I seriously put off cleaning it, thinking I would clean it when there was a baby on a way and a reason to redo the whole room. For months. It was kind of a mental thing, I guess. But, here we are- 9 months later and very much not pregnant. The office needed cleaning. But decorating, not so much. There will be a baby one day, hopefully! We'll save the decorating for that day :)


  And if nothing else, this needed documenting so I can remind Justin and myself that it is possible for me to have a clean office. Because Lord knows its bound to get to that exact state again sometime...

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Did you sneak into my house and take this picture?

I am not a neat person either, and this looks just like my sunroom/office/spare bedroom (its all one room -not 3 different ones ). Except mine has a huge Christmas tree in it.. yikes!

Great job Katie!!

Hillary said...

As a former roommate... I'm so proud of you.

meme-and-he said...

I know exactly where those wooden drawers came from :) I had a couple myself for a few years!

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Holy cats, girl! Glad you cleaned that sucker up! haha just kidding, we all have our ways and what works, works. It does look lovely now though :) And lets talk about your new blog design! Loving it!

Legally Lovely said...

WHOA. Mary Poppins could have done some WORK on that room with all her snapping and singing and cleaning. Bet you wish you had her around! :) Looks good though!! Aren't clean spaces so much easier to work in?

Allison said...

Wow girl...you had a lot of work to do! Haha. It looks great now! Good job!