Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A current fav.


   I really, really love cooking and baking. I know it's super stereotypical and very pinterest-y, but it's true. I was always the one begging to help my mom make banana bread or learn how to make my own supper growing up. I've had a Family Circle subscription for the last four years. I'm not sure home much more cooking/baking-nerdy you can get than that one. Family Circle, people. I'm 26. Yup.
  But over the last couple of years, Justin and I have had opposite schedules. So making meals has been trickier and really, less frequent. Cooking for one is no fun. When we do cook, we stick with favorites. And repeat them a lot. This recipe is one of those favorites. Chicken is our go-to meat. I don't like red meat and he hates fish. Chicken it is. We have a favorite spicy bbq marinade, but have been switching it up lately. 
  This is one of those marinades that is and So. Full. Of. Flavor. I use parmesan to make it thicker, which seems to help it stick to the chicken so much better than bread crumbs. Its also one of those 'just eye it' recipes. I probably use a different amount each time I make it.

1 lb.     chicken tenderloins
3 tbsp    grated parmesan
1 tbsp    Montreal steak seasoning
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion flakes
1 1/2 tsp oregano

  Place tenderloins in a smallish container or plastic baggie {very specific, right?} so that they are packed in an able to soak up the marinade. Add all the marinade in with the chicken and stir to mix. The parmesan should act as a thickener and help the mixture stick to the chicken. Chill if you have time, or bake immediately. I like to prepare this a day ahead {just to save time}, but it tastes just as good if you make right away! After baking, I usually set the tenderloins on a cooling rack so that the bottoms aren't super soggy. Enjoy!

 I'm dying to know. What are your go-to recipes? You know, the ones that work themselves into the weekly rotation. The ones you know by heart. I'm always looking for new, better recipes! 






5 comments:

Chelsea E. said...

I really want Family Circle for the recipes! I get BHG and Woman's Day in the "older lady" category and then a bunch of health magazines that have good recipes too! Old ladies at heart! :)

Unknown said...

We've been making this one a lot recently: http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2012/12/06/cheesy-skillet-pasta-recipe/#.UXfq7KKG1Og

So yummy!

Interprintations said...

This looks delicious - I'm definitely trying it out soon!

Our go-to fave is homemade mushroom lasagna! Yum....

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Sounds really good. I don't think I have ever tried Montreal steak seasoning, but I am totally game!!

Gretchen said...

Chicken breast stuffed with sautéed corn and kale and pepper jack cheese with a chix broth sauce poured over it all!