Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Monumental.






   You. Guys. 
Monday was life-changing. Any guesses why?? {You won't guess it.}

  We left the dogs out of their crates for an entire work day. EIGHT. WHOLE. HOURS. No pee. No poo. NO RIPPED COUCHES! {That's what happened last time we tried this with Murphy a few years ago..}

  So exciting! I took both ginormous crates out of our bedroom {and really, really deep cleaned it} and moved them upstairs- where it gets really warm. So instead of leaving the dogs up there all day when we're at work, we decided to just give them a chance out of their crates. And they totally rocked it. Mama couldn't be more proud.

Also, before you mention it, I'm completely aware of how glamorous and riveting my life is. Posts about my dogs, doesn't get crazier than that. 

5 comments:

Chelsea E. said...

YAY!! Good job pups! (Watch out for Christmas presents around the holidays. Walter unwrapped and ate a purse after he'd been doing well out of his crate for months!)

Emily Carnes said...

That's AWESOME! We've been crating our dog every day, but have left him out every once in a while for a dinner out or something--so far so good, but we're still nervous for an all day thing!

*But, you're right. I can't wait to get his crate out of our bedroom!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

As the mother of three pups, I totally understand what you are saying here. I have had a hard time getting Petunia and Harriet to the point of completely potty trained (thank goodness Meatball is). We have gotten very close to it, and then we always backslide. It is so frustrating.

Congratulations on this momentous accomplishment (and on having more room in the house without the dog crates).

Christina said...

ahh love this :) Seriously- I understand how huge this is haha :) Proud of your sweet pups!!

Holly Osbeck said...

That is absolutely something to celebrate!! I certainly cannot wait to get to that day :) I'm happy for your family!